Search This Blog

#MusicMonday The Best of 2014


Oh heeeeeeey! Welcome back to Alice Adores Apparel! I hope you are well!

If you have followed my blog during 2014 you will know that each (...most... well some!) Monday I posted playlists of my favourite tracks that I had been listening to the previous week. This was all in aid of my new year's resolution to actively search out and listen to more music. I had a such a great time broadening my horizons and finding new artists to create my #MusicMonday posts. So today I'd like to bring you my highlights reel! Everything I think truly stood out musically in 2014. I really hope you enjoy these playlists! Tell me your thoughts in the comments! I'd love to hear your favourite tracks from 2014!

Gecko (Overdrive)- Oliver Heldens X Becky Hill
This was the soundtrack to my work holiday in Ibiza! Yep I said work holiday! I was lucky enough to be flown out to Ibiza with my colleagues for one of the craziest trips I’ve ever been on! I listened to this track on repeat on the plane, by the pool, at the bars, in Ocean Beach Club, in the clubs, & on the plane home! I have so many incredible memories connected to this song!

Last All Night (Koala)- Oliver Heldens feat. KSTEWART
This song makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! I love the instrumental version of this song but equally KSTEWART’s vocals are incredible over the track!

Sand In Hand- Boys Get Hurt
This is by far one of my favourite tracks of 2014. I love, love, love it! Great vibe, makes me want to dance, reminds me of Ibiza! Can’t argue with that really!

Younger- Seinabo Sey (Kygo Remix)
I am in love with this track! I adore every second of it! You may recognise it as the soundtrack to the House of Fraser Christmas advert. It’s a definite contender for my track of the year!

Say Something- Karen Harding
I must admit I got slightly obsessed with this track in 2014. I played it on repeat so many times! Really can’t wait to hear more from Karen Harding in 2015. I predict big things!

Hunger- Sam Sure
This song is hands down amazing! I absolutely love it! It’s another one I have listened to on repeat for hours! I love the emotion in Sam Sure’s vocals.

Every Little Word- MNEK
As soon as this song popped up in my Sound Cloud feed I got obsessed! MNEK has had an amazing year! I can’t wait for his debut album to drop!

What’s Luv?- XO feat. Emma Corbett-Usher
Holdin’ ON- XO feat. Roblaw
XO is someone I’m very excited about! Incredibly talented and one to look out for! I love both of these tracks! They make me want to dance!

For A Minute- M.O.
M.O. (not to be confused with the lovely MØ) is the girl group I dream of being in! They ooze coolness in their music and fashion sense! This song just makes me want to dance. I’ve listened to a lot of their music in 2014 and plan on doing the same in 2015!

Right Here- Jess Glynne
Jess Glynne is another artist who has had an amazing year! Collaborating with Clean Bandit and having a run away hit with Right Here means the future is bright for this super talented lady!

Deckchairs On The Moon- Bipolar Sunshine
If this track is anything to go on, I’m so excited to find out what more there is to hear from Bipolar Sunshine. This track is cool and slick!

I Wanna Feel- Second City
This was definitely the soundtrack to Spring/Summer 2014 in the UK (I say UK because there’s other tracks that remind me of my antics in Ibiza)! I can remember travelling down to Swansea to visit my uni girls and blaring this out in the sunshine!

Freak- Chris Malinchak
This song is quite a contrast to previous tracks Chris Malinchak has put out there on general release. I love the samples he’s used. Can’t go wrong with a bit of Bell Biv Devoe’s ‘Poison’! I used to listen to this song a lot in the gym because it has a good pace!

I Got U- Duke Dumont feat. Jax Jones
This song screams sunshine and pure fun, fun, fun! It pretty much sums up how I felt in Ibiza! Looooooooooove it! (But who didn’t this year?!)

Unmissable- Gorgon City feat. Zak Abel 
Ready For Your Love- Gorgon City feat. MNEK
Gorgon City have had an incredible year! I have loved every track they have brought out.

Yoncé Gets Her Freak On- Beyoncé x Missy Elliott AudioSavage Mashup
Bey and Missy mixed together in one super track, what is not to like?!

Habits (Stay High)- Tove Lo
Stay High- Tove Lo feat. Hippie Sabotage
This is another brooding song that I became addicted to in 2014! I love both versions, the original, and the Hippie Sabotage remix that was all over the radio.

Clare Maguire- Slightly Sober
Although this track is only a demo, it’s made me really excited to hear more from Clare Maguire in 2015. I can’t wait for the follow up album to Light After Dark to come out! I’m loving the direction she’s heading in!

 
Stay- Henry Krinkle
This song is amazing! It just makes me want to move! I’m really interested to see what Henry Krinkle comes out with next.

2 On- Tinashe feat. Schoolboy Q
I am addicted to this song! It’s sexy, it’s cool, the production is on point, what’s not to love?! Tinashe is an artist that really excites me!

Uptown Funk- Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
If you don’t love this song, what is wrong with you?! It’s one of the best tracks to get the party started! Anyone who isn’t up for screaming this at the top of their lungs when on a night out is no friend of mine! It will forever remind me of pre drinks for NYE 2014! Special shoutout to my sister Imogen, who on her return from travelling in South America had no idea about any current music except this track!

Peppermint- Julio Bashmore feat. Jessie Ware
I know this song technically appeared in 2013 but I went through a phase of listening to it constantly! That’s what happens when two of my favourite musical talents collaborate!

Batches & Cookies- Lizzo Sophia Eris
I love finding new female rappers with some substance to them. I’m excited to hear more from Lizzo Sophia Eris. I’m pretty sure she performed on one of the episodes of Made in Chelsea NY last summer too.

Break Free- Ariana Grande & Zedd
Massive party anthem! I never thought I’d see the day when Ariana Grande was so heavily featured on my blog!

Bang Bang- Jessie J, Ariana Grande, & Nicki Minaj
This is definitely one of the biggest Diva anthems of 2014! Love it!

Loyal- Chris Brown feat. Lil Wayne & Tyga
I was in two minds about featuring this track in the original #MusicMonday post, and in this round up list. I’m not a fan of Chris Brown as a person, of his behaviour, or of his choice of lyrics. That being said, I really like this song. It pains me to say it, but it’s good.

Don’t Tell ‘Em- Jeremih
This is such a great RnB track! You can’t help but move when the beat kicks in!

Luna- Bombay Bicycle Club
Every album this band makes is always decent. This is one of my favourite fracks from their latest release, So Long, See You Tomorrow. I always sing along awfully when it comes on the radio!

Take Me To Church- Hozier
Hozier (not to mixed up with the cheesy pop band, The Hoosiers!) is such an amazing talent! His voice alone is incredible! This song is very emotionally charged. Right up my street! I generally murder it when I try to sing along though!  

Don’t Wait- Mapei
Mapei was a new artist to me in 2014. I love the simplicity of this track. I can’t wait to hear more in 2015.

Solo Dancing- Indiana
Indiana is another artist who was new to me in 2014. Solo Dancing is such a great brooding track. Sexy and cool, with a grungy edge.

Waste of Time- MØ
I’m so glad I discovered MØ this year. I love this track! You may recognise it from the Kopparberg cider advert with the fruit frozen in ice smashing.

Two Weeks- FKA twigs
This girl has had a hell of a 2014! She’s exploded into the mainstream, and considering her style is so alternative & unusual I’m pleasantly surprised she’s getting the attention she deserves!

Drunk In Love- Beyoncé
I had to include at least some Queen Bey in this playlist! I chose this track from her flawless (get it!) self titled album because I listened to it a lot on the plane to Ibiza. I kept ordering watermelon based drinks at the bars just to channel my inner Sasha Fierce!

Album of the Year
If you are a regular reader/listener to #MusicMonday, you may be wondering why on earth I haven't talked about BANKS yet. She featured so heavily in so many of my playlists through out the year! Never fear! I wanted to name her debut album, Goddess, my Album of the Year 2014! Every single track on this album is flawless! I love her voice, the production is astounding, and her lyrics are just the right level of emotion and brooding. I adore how dark and mysterious BANKS sounds on every track. If you haven't listened to Goddess yet, get it in to your ears (and life) immediately!

 

So what's next for #MusicMonday? Well I've decided, because I enjoyed immersing myself in new music so much, I really want to carry on posting playlists to share with you guys. However, as I have started a new job (today!) I think it will be much more manageable to post a monthly round up of my favourite music in playlist form on here. This way I can really take my time with the playlists and not have the pressure of weekly scheduled posting. (Plus I won't have the embarrassing moment when I realised I missed out Week 14 hahaha!) If you really need an Alice Adores Apparel music hit, follow me on Sound Cloud to keep up to date with what I'm enjoying, and listen to the playlists as they are compiled!

I really hope that you enjoyed #MusicMonday, and my music round up of 2014! Tell me your thoughts in the comments! I'd love to hear your favourite tracks from 2014!
More?

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog. Start a conversation and leave me a comment. I always read and reply. Xxx

© Alice Adores Apparel

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig